If Wes Lunt can’t play Saturday, who becomes Oklahoma State’s emergency third QB?
Oklahoma State coaches have already reached into the classroom (and a Boone Pickens Stadium broadcast booth) to find a third-team quarterback, wooing back former walk-on Jase Chilcoat with a scholarship after starter Wes Lunt sustained a knee/ankle injury in September.
Now backup J.W. Walsh is out for the season, and Lunt is dinged up again, missing most of the second half of the Kansas State game with an apparent head injury.
So if Lunt cannot go against West Virginia, Clint Chelf gets the start and Chilcoat slides up to the backup role, who becomes the new emergency QB3?
Charlie Moore, perhaps?
“I don’t know, if Coach (Todd) Monken and them asked me to…” Moore said Monday.
Moore was a dual-threat quarterback for Bullard High School in Texas and was recruited as an athlete.
“It came up right at first, when J.W. got hurt,” Moore said. “But now since Chilcoat’s back and everything, I don’t know that’s how that’s going to work. But if I have to, I’m sure I’ll run as fast as I can.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients