Opponent watch: Mid-week West Virginia links
As we move closer to Oklahoma State’s home contest against West Virginia, here are some Mountaineer links from the Charleston Daily Mail, the Charleston Gazette and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Charleston Daily Mail
You might not see Joe DeForest, a staple on the OSU sideline for 11 years, on the field Saturday. Because he called plays from the coaches’ box last week and loved it.
Interesting comparison here. The last time WVU and OSU played, Thurman Thomas was the Cowboys’ running back. Mike Gundy has often compared Joseph Randle’s skill set to Thomas.
On paper, it looks like defending Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey will be a tough task for cornerbacks Justin Gilbert and Brodrick Brown, who have often been criticized this season (Gilbert, especially). But the Mountaineers have had trouble completing the deep ball during their three-game losing streak.
The anatomy of that losing streak.
These offenses sure look similar.
Joe D thinks the defense improved in the loss to TCU.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients