Josh Stewart, Justin Gilbert pick up weekly Big 12 honors
Oklahoma State receiver Josh Stewart was named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week Monday for his performance against West Virginia, while Justin Gilbert earned the conference’s Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
Stewart tallied 13 catches for 172 yards and two touchdowns Saturday and added another score on a 46-yard reverse.
Gilbert had a 96-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the fifth of his career. That broke OSU’s record and tied a Big 12 record.
Stewart and Gilbert are the second and third OSU players to pick up Big 12 weekly awards this season. Kicker/punter Quinn Sharp has been named Special Teams Player of the week twice.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients