OSU’s Anderson Adds Renewed Threat
I wrote about Isaiah Anderson’s fabulous Senior Day sendoff for Sunday’s paper. You can read it here.
Anderson injured a finger in the win at Kansas, which may not sound like much, except his finger was ripped open lengthwise, making it not only painful, but open to further problems.
That’s why we barely saw Anderson until recent weeks, when he seemingly was used mostly as a decoy, in hopes that his deep speed might demand respect from defenses and open up the middle of the field.
Anderson slowly progressed, finally breaking through and breaking out against Texas Tech.
“I felt it was coming around the TCU game,”Anderson said. “I got out there and played a little bit, just to get back into the flow of things. The K-State game, I had a catch and started to get my confidence back. It’s been a slow process, but I’m finally back to where I need to be.”
And with Anderson back and blazing deep routes, defenses must account for a renewed aspect of the passing game. And that surely won’t be lost on Oklahoma’s defensive coaches this week.
“Now that I’m back,”Anderson said, “I feel it’s something for them to worry about and something they have to game plan for.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients