Former Oklahoma State GA joins Southern Miss staff as safeties coach
Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator and Southern Miss head coach Todd Monken announced the hiring of six assistant coaches Friday, and one comes from the Cowboys’ staff.
Andrew Thacker, who spent the past three seasons in Stillwater as a quality control coach and defensive graduate assistant, will be the Golden Eagles’ safeties coach.
Thacker, a safety during his playing career at Furman, worked with the linebackers at OSU. He took over the position for about a week last season when linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer left the team following the death of his wife, Angela.
The rest of Monken’s staff includes Marcus Arroyo (offensive coordinator/outside receivers), David Duggan (defensive coordinator/linebackers), Pete Perot (offensive line), John Wozniak (inside receivers/special teams) and John Simon (running backs)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3685College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3424Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3280Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients