OSU Hoops: Ford Has Nash’s Back
Le’Bryan Nash remains a polarizing figure for OSU basketball fans.
Go off against Missouri, like he did with 27 points in an upset of No. 2 Mizzou a year ago, and you’re adored.
Drift a bit in a loss at Kansas State, as Nash did last Saturday – and does other times as well – and you’re attacked.
Nash was an obvious target Saturday, when several teammates were in foul trouble and the Cowboys needed a third scorer and he failed to fire. Folks on Twitter went after him, some directly, leading to this Nash response: “Put yourself in my shoes.”
Cowboys coach Travis Ford didn’t appreciate the shots fired at his player, from OSU fans no less.
“It’s disappointing,” Ford said. “I was shocked at some of the things. I told him, two years ago, LeBron James, everybody was killing that kid. Just killing him. Now everybody’s comparing him to Michael Jordan. Not that LB is LeBron James or anything, but that’s sports. When you’ve got a name, and you’ve got a reputation, it goes with it.
“I’ve talked to him. I needed to. We need him to play well. We need him to help us win. And I think he will. We’ve got to get him going. But anything other than being negative about it…
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients