Another twist to Bill Young saga at Oklahoma State
Reports surfaced late Wednesday that Bill Young would not return as Oklahoma State’s defensive coordinator, with CoachingSearch.com’s Pete Roussel first posting the news on his daily coaching ticker and KFOR’s Bob Barry, Jr. reporting on his sportscast that Young had been dismissed.
But a source indicated to The Oklahoman that Young was at the Cowboy football offices Thursday and is expected to be out recruiting this weekend.
Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean there will not (or will) be a change at DC sometime between now and the season opener, or between now and spring football. Another source said earlier this week that if Young departed for one reason or another, it likely would not happen until after Signing Day on Feb. 6.
My beat pal John Helsley brought up a great point in his blog from earlier today — that perhaps Young would give up coordinator duties in 2013 but would remain on staff. Cowboy coach Mike Gundy actually spoke hypothetically about the same thing a few weeks ago.
At best, there is a ton of uncertainty surrounding Young and the Cowboys’ defensive staff right now. It all adds another twist to what has been a wild 24 hours — and offseason overall — in OSU sports news.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients