The top five games of Joseph Randle’s Oklahoma State career
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Joseph Randle effectively ended his Oklahoma State career Thursday morning, telling Gina Mizell he’d made the decision to forgo his senior season for a shot at the NFL.
And what a prolific three-year run it has been. Underrated, if you ask me.
Randle was a key cog on two of the most prolific scoring offenses in school history, a versatile true freshman on another.
After learning under Kendall Hunter, Randle landed the starting job as a 19-year-old sophomore. And he was more than capable.
In the two years that followed, Randle put up 2,633 yards and 38 rushing touchdowns (3,085 and 40 for his career), showing incredible burst, vision, elusiveness and durability.
He was a workhorse to the highest degree, carrying the ball 482 times the past two seasons, fighting through nagging injuries and starting all 26 of OSU’s games.
In a list that’s tough to crack, here are the five best performances from his Cowboy career:
#5 - at Missouri
Date - October 22, 2011 (junior)
Stats – 14 carries for 138 yards and 3 TDs / 1 catch for 13 yards and 1 TD
Evaluation - An electric performance, complete with the necessary swag and confidence fitting for a four-score showing in the Storm Trooper All-Whites. OSU dominated Missouri on the road in the program’s last meeting as Big 12 foes. And he showed his versatility, lining up wide and catching a Brandon Weeden bullet slant better than most Cleveland Browns did this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients