Record Book Update: Joseph Randle
For the next couple weeks, we’ll take a look at Oklahoma State’s updated record books, based on the numbers put up by the 2012 Cowboys.
Let’s start with Joseph Randle. Last week, he declared for the NFL Draft, officially capping off his OSU career — one that will stand as one of the best at Tailback U.
1,417 rushing yards
Let’s look at how those single-season numbers stack up, as well as Randle’s final career totals.
A couple notes:
With Weeden2Blackmon getting most of the (well-deserved) credit, it’s easy to forget what a touchdown machine Randle was in 2011. But seeing that list is also a reminder, again, of just how ridiculous Barry Sanders’ 1988 season was.
Barring injury or other unforeseen circumstances, had Randle stayed for his senior season, he would have seriously challenged (probably surpassed) Sanders’ career rushing touchdown mark. And he likely would have finished in the top 3 in school history in career rushing yards.
Single-season rushing yards
1. 2,850 Barry Sanders (1988)
2. 1,877 Ernest Anderson (1982)
3. 1,767 Thurman Thomas (1987)
4. 1,680 Terry Miller (1977)
5. 1,642 Gerald Hudson (1990)
6. 1,555 Kendall Hunter (2008)
7. 1,553 Thurman Thomas (1985)
8. 1,548 Kendall Hunter (2010)
9. 1,541 Terry Miller (1976)
10. 1,524 David Thompson (1996)
11. 1,509 David Thompson (1995)
12. 1,474 Vernard Morency (2004)
13. 1,417 Joseph Randle (2012)
14. 1,286 Tatum Bell (2003)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients