OSU picks up commitment from Houston running back Rennie Childs
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
In an attempt to help fill the void left by departing star Joseph Randle, the Cowboys have moved quickly.
On Sunday morning, after an official visit to Stillwater this weekend, three-star running back Rennie Childs (from Cypress Ridge in Houston) told several recruiting sites of his commitment to Oklahoma State.
Childs would be the second running back in OSU’s 2013 class, joining Corion Webster (a three-star from Atlanta, Texas).
And the Cowboys may not be done, with four-star Oregon commit Dontre Wilson (a RB from DeSoto, Texas) scheduled to visit the first weekend of February. Wilson is wavering on his pledge to the Ducks because of Chip Kelly’s departure.
But even without Wilson, the addition of Childs solidifies this backfield class. At a listed 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds, Childs isn’t a physical specimen, but has shown the necessary measurables and high school production to be considered a threat at the next level.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients