Is Michael Lombardi’s hiring by the Cleveland Browns bad news for Brandon Weeden?
The Cleveland Browns continue to revamp their organization, from the coaching staff to the front office. All of those changes will, in turn, impact starting quarterback Brandon Weeden.
Good news for the former Oklahoma State star? Norv Turner’s hiring as offensive coordinator. Despite his shortcomings as the San Diego Chargers’ head coach, Turner is regarded as one of the top offensive minds in football.
Potentially bad news for Weeden? Michael Lombardi’s hiring as the Vice President of Player Personnel.
Lombardi was very critical of Weeden during his time as an analyst for NFL Network, calling the Browns’ first-round selection of Weeden a “panicked disaster.”
Reporters in Cleveland understandably asked Lombardi about his past remarks about Weeden during his introductory press conference. Lombardi said he needed to study practice tape before making a fair judgment on the quarterback, and stressed the difference between being an outsider and a member of an organization.
“When you live in the building, I think you have a better understanding of the player moving forward,” Lombardi said. “It’s going to take some time for me to really formulate my final opinions of (Weeden).”
What results from those tape evaluations remains to be seen. But with all the transition in Cleveland, Weeden’s future as the Browns’ starter is not a sure thing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients