Rapid reaction: Oklahoma State falls 64-54 to Baylor in Waco
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma State lost another Big 12 road game on Monday night, stumbling to a 64-54 loss to Baylor in Waco. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Oklahoma State’s stagnant offense went cold early in the second half, missing five of six shots and committing three turnovers during a crucial four-minute stretch that saw the Cowboys one-point lead turn into a 10-point deficit. The Cowboys threatened late, but Baylor won the game here.
It was over when…
…Pierre Jackson finally got hot. The Big 12′s leading scorer, and Baylor’s sparkplug point guard, was cold most of the night (literally, he had a cold and also couldn’t hit a shot), but eventually found his rhythm in crunch time. Jackson put in five big points in the closing minutes (on a three and two free throws) to seal what had become a dangerous game for the Bears.
Stars of the game – Baylor’s big men
Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson combined for 25 rebounds and 11 blocks. Oklahoma State, as a team, finished with 33 rebounds and only three blocks. And those numbers tell the proper tale. Baylor’s behemoth big men dominated the paint from start to finish, swatting away those who entered the paint and scaring away those who saw the previous failed attempts. Austin is billed as a future pro. He, along with Jefferson, certainly looked the part.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4515Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4139Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients