Oklahoma State record book update: Justin Gilbert
For the next couple weeks, we’ll take a look at Oklahoma State’s updated record books, based on the numbers put up by the 2012 Cowboys.
Justin Gilbert’s drop-off as a cover corner in 2012 was well-documented, and is likely the biggest reason why he’s returning to OSU for his senior season despite possessing the physical measurables that will make NFL scouts drool.
Yet those skills — pure speed, athleticism, elusiveness — are why, despite struggles on defense, Gilbert remained an electric special teams weapon for the Cowboys in 2012. Gilbert, again, put together one of the best kick return seasons in OSU history, even with the new rules that make it easier to boom the kickoff into the end zone.
In sticking around for one more season, Gilbert is poised to pass Perrish Cox in all major kickoff return categories. Gilbert already has a school-record five career kickoff returns for a touchdown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5259Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4767Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4142Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients