DE recruit Tyus Bowser decommits from Oklahoma State, commit Fred Ross considering options
By Scott Wright
Tyler (Texas) John Tyler football coach Ricklan Holmes confirmed Tuesday morning that defensive end Tyus Bowser is no longer committed to Oklahoma State, while teammate Fred Ross is considering his options after taking a visit to Mississippi State last weekend.
Bowser, a 6-foot-3, 235-pound defensive end, verbally committed last Thursday, but he wants to play football and basketball in college, and learned over the course of the weekend that it wouldn’t be possible at OSU.
“From my understanding, that wasn’t going to work at OSU,” said Holmes, a former OSU player. “I wasn’t a part of the conversation they had, but he’s not committed anymore. We have 12 schools coming in today to watch him play basketball.”
Bowser appeared to have a good relationship with OSU coach Mike Gundy through the process, posting the following on Twitter Monday: “Coach Gundy is really a great man. Understands me very well, and is real cool. An honor to meet him.”
Ross, a four-star wide receiver, has been committed to OSU since Feb. 2012, but decided to take an official visit to Mississippi State over the weekend.
“He wanted to see his options, and now he’s gonna have to make a final decision,” Holmes said.
Holmes did not know when that decision would come.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients