Rapid reaction: Oklahoma State holds off Iowa State 78-76 in Stillwater
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
After erasing a double-digit second-half deficit, Oklahoma State held off the sharpshooting Iowa State Cyclones for a 78-76 win in Stillwater on Wednesday night. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Travis Ford cleared the floor and handed it to his freshman floor general. In a wild back-and-forth affair (Isn’t it always with OSU-ISU hoops?), the game came down to the final play. Who had the ball last? It fell in the hands of Marcus Smart. And he delivered, weaving through the lane with a euro step and dropping through the first game-winner of his promising career, with three seconds left.
It was over when…
…A wild 1.9-second sequence, with fouls and turnovers and lengthy referee conferences, finally concluded with a missed three from Iowa State.
Star of the game – Marcus Smart
His line: 21 points (9/15 shooting), 7 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 game-winner. Not your typical freshman. But that’s been the story all year. He ran the show beautifully, picked his spots to attack and came up big in the deciding moment. Can’t ask for much more.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56551Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34585Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32288Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9582Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8789Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5674Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3757OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3628George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3382Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3185Oklahoma weather:Tornado touches down in east Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients