Marcus Smart: Mr. Big Shot
Marcus Smart closed both halves of Wednesday night’s 78-76 win over Iowa State with a bang.The game-winner was, well, the game-winner – a muscling drive to the hole completed when he tossed in a running jumper over Cyclones forward Georges Niang with :03.1 remaining.
But his shot to end the first half – a 55-foot heave from beyond halfcourt – was huge, too.
ISU’s Chris Babb had just drilled a 3, giving the Cyclones a 41-35 lead with six seconds remaining in the half, a disheartening dagger that sucked the life out of Gallagher-Iba Arena and might have done the same to the Cowboys.
Except Smart took the inbounds pass, took a few dribbles up the floor and let it go just before the buzzer. The ball flew through the air… then banked off the glass and in, giving the arena and the team a needed jolt.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3956Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3349Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3325Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients