By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Big-time college basketball environments + late-game dramatics = great photo opportunities.
That equation on full display in Stillwater last night, when Oklahoma State finished off Baylor 65-63 on an overtime layup by Markel Brown.
Oklahoman photographer Chris Landsberger was there, and he delivered, with a variety of great shots. Click here for the full gallery.
But here’s a look at my five favorite shots, with a little bit of commentary:
5. Brady Heslip looks genuinely terrified that someone is physically able to jump that high. Him guarding Markel has to be the biggest athletic mismatch among Big 12 starting lineups.
4. “Hey, weren’t you the point guard in the Sixth Man? I love that movie.”
3. Oh my. Poster of the year courtesy of Cory Jefferson. And how about the crowd reaction in this shot? The girl under Smart’s left armpit looks like she just saw a UFO.
2. Travis Ford shaking hands, kissing babies and chilling with Kermit the Frog. I wasn’t aware the Sesame Street legend was an Oklahoma State fan.
1. Markel Brown with a strange-looking glance at the opposite shot clock, pre game-winner. Meanwhile, the dance team member over his left shoulder is not impressed with Mike Cobbins’ preceding block.
Bonus: The game-winner
Professor Discusses 1 Tip To Match 5 Winning Numbers.