Markel Brown’s alley-oop and game-winner both make SportsCenter’s Top 10
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Markel Brown’s high-flying antics have landed him on ESPN again.
Not his best. That award goes to the ejection-oop from last year’s Missouri game. But this ridiculous reverse (above video), complete with some style points for the acrobatic post-dunk swing, was enough to secure him the #5 spot on SportsCenter’s Top 10.
My favorite part of the clip? Brady Heslip’s helpless defense.
Said Marcus Smart of the lob postgame: “We knew Heslip didn’t have the athleticism that Markel does.” Early favorite for understatement of the year.
But that wasn’t Brown’s only highlight of the night. His biggest impact came on the game-winning, coast-to-coast layup, vaulting OSU to a dramatic overtime victory over Baylor and landing his second admission at #8 on the SC Top 10.
Credit the highlight assist (on a block) to Michael Cobbins. And make sure you take a look at the bench reaction of Keiton Page (in the collared orange shirt, end of the bench, double fist-pumping).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims
- 8692Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8481Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients