Former Oklahoma State assistant Robert Gillespie leaves Dana Holgorsen’s staff at West Virginia
Oklahoma State’s first Big 12 contest against West Virginia in 2012 also doubled as a bit of a coaching reunion, with former Cowboy staff members Dana Holgorsen, Joe DeForest, Robert Gillespie, Jake Spavital and Andrew McGee all occupying the visitors’ sideline at Boone Pickens last November.
The 2013 reunion just lost another member.
Gillespie took the running backs coaching position at Tennessee over the weekend, Volunteer head coach Butch Jones first announced via his Twitter account.
“I want to welcome Robert Gillespie & his family to the Tennessee Football Family! Coach Gillespie will be joining our staff as the RB coach!” the post said.
Gillespie, who left OSU for WVU with Holgorsen following the 2010 season, was one of only two assistants remaining from Holgorsen’s original Mountaineer staff. Gillespie is familiar with the SEC, as he played for Steve Spurrier at Florida and later coached running backs on Spurrier’s staff at South Carolina from 2006-08.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients