Oklahoma State lands linebacker commitment
Oklahoma State has landed its first defensive commitment of the 2014 class, as Pearland (Texas) linebacker Justin Phillips pledged to the Cowboys Sunday, according to GoPokes.com.
Phillips, at 5-11 and 190 pounds, is rated a three-star prospect by Scout and is not rated by Rivals. Other scholarship offers for Phillips include Baylor, Boise State, Colorado and Northwestern.
Phillips joins Devon Thomas, a four-star running back from Broken Arrow, as OSU’s 2014 commitments.
Linebacker will be an important need for the Cowboys’ 2014 class, with starters Shaun Lewis and Caleb Lavey and key backup Joe Mitchell all entering their senior season this fall.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients