Cowboys Hoops: Live From San Jose!
Random thoughts as the countdown to Madness – OklahomaState style – draws near…
√ The Cowboys have been really loose, dating back to Selection Sunday. They may be young, but they don’t appear at all awed by the stage. During yesterday’s workout inside HP Pavilion, there was a fun feel, with players at ease, free flowing and enjoying the moment. Shots were going down, too, which is always a good sign. Eavesdropping yesterday, someone asked an OSU official if the Cowboys might show up tight. The response: “They may be too young to be tight.”
√ Travis Ford, on the other hand, seemed tighter than normal. Now, he was feeling under the weather to some degree, to the point that he required some medication from the training staff. After two years away from NCAA Tournament, Ford has guided a strong turnaround and has a team capable of getting out of San Jose and into the Sweet 16 – further than he’s ever been.
√ Marcus Smart has that look. We’ve seen it at times in games this season, where he dials in and takes over a game. Well, he seems to already be in that mode. And that’s a good thing, considering the focus is on the point guard spot today. I wrote about that today – here’s a link. Check out Smart’s comments on the matchup. Sounds like he’s ready, huh?
√ The X Factor. Who is it? Le’Bryan Nash often draws the nod, because of his up-and-down habits. Yet lately, Nash has been more consistent with his production. He doesn’t always get off to a fast start, but he’s been reliable in the end. Phil Forte is another candidate, especially if Oregon resorts to a heavy dose of zone, which some expect. But my X-Factor tag goes to Michael Cobbins. The Ducks go to the boards hard, especially on the offensive end. And that’s been an achilles heel for the Cowboys at times. Cobbins must consider rebounding as Job One.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6117Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 5969Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients