Uni tracker: Are repeat combos a bad omen?
Each week, we’ll look back at what uniform combination Oklahoma State wore and make a prediction for the next game. Nothing scientific about it. All in good fun.
I correctly predicted Oklahoma State’s all-white “Storm Trooper” look for Bedlam.
But here’s an interesting stat — the Cowboys are 0-3 when wearing a combo that is an exact repeat of one that was sported last season. OSU lost at Arizona when wearing white-gray-gray (previously worn at Tech), to Texas when wearing black-orange-black (previously worn against OU) and Saturday with the all-white look (previously worn at Missouri).
The Cowboys also repeated colors for the Kansas game (gray-white-gray) and TCU (all black), but busted out new helmets for those contests.
Anyway, onto the final regular-season game of the season at Baylor. One interesting tidbit to keep in mind here: OSU has yet to wear the “old” gray helmet (with the orange OSU decal and black facemask) or the alternate white helmet with the black OSU logo.
Let’s look back and forward.
Louisiana-Lafayette: White helmet, gray jersey, white pants (1-0)
Arizona: White helmet, black jersey, black pants (1-0)
Tulsa: White helmet (black OSU decal), white jersey, black pants (1-0)
Texas A&M: Gray helmet, white jersey, gray pants (1-0)
Kansas: Black helmet, black jersey, orange pants (1-0)
Texas: Black helmet, white jersey, black pants (1-0)
Missouri: White helmet, white jersey, white pants (1-0)
Baylor: Gray helmet, orange jersey, gray pants (1-0)
Kansas State: Gray helmet, black jersey, gray pants (1-0)
Texas Tech: White helmet, white jersey, gray pants (1-0)
Iowa State: Black helmet, white jersey, orange pants (0-1)
Oklahoma: Black helmet, orange jersey, black pants (1-0)
Fiesta Bowl: Black helmet, black jersey, black pants (1-0)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients