Arkansas fans react to Mike Gundy, Bret Bielema and crazy day on coaching carousel
By Stephanie Kuzydym, Staff Writer
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Not many Arkansas fans believed it.
Any of it.
Not that Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy would leave his alma mater for Fayetteville. Some saw it as a power play. Others saw it as a lateral move.
And not that Bret Bielema was their new coach when Yahoo! Sports broke that the former Wisconsin coach would take over at Arkansas.
“Ain’t never heard a thing about him,” one fan said.
Fans like Arkansas student John Nabors said the initial smoke that Gundy was leaving Oklahoma State got his hopes up prematurely. Then, once he started researching Bielema, he realized what the Razorbacks were getting in a coach.
However, all the Razorbacks that The Oklahoman spoke to said that Gundy would have been a solid hire, even one Hogs fan that was accompanied by a Sooners fan at the Razorbacks’ game against OU Tuesday night.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7620Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6948Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6645Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients