Calvin Barnett named Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year
Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett was named the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in a vote by the league’s coaches.
Barnett was a consistent difference-maker on the interior for OSU this season, tallying 29 tackles (7.5 for loss), one sack, four quarterback hurries and one pass break-up.
Barnett, a Tulsa Washington product who transferred from Navarro Junior College, is the first OSU player to earn the conference’s Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year honor.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients