Rapid reaction: Oklahoma State downs South Florida 61-49 in Stillwater
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma State beat South Florida 61-49 on Wednesday night, improving the Cowboys record to 6-1. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Early in the second half, the game was in a lull. OSU led by three but there was little energy in the building, with both offenses firing up bricks. But Markel Brown drilled a three and Phil Jurick put in a free throw to generate some noise, followed by a Phil Forte three and Michael Cobbins floater that capped an impressive 9-0 run. USF never got back within eight.
It was over when…
…Marcus Smart showcased his unique and expansive talents in a 12-second sequence. Sensing another rough offensive patch, Smart took over, drilling his second triple, stealing the ensuing inbound and firing a nice assist to Markel Brown. The OSU lead had quickly ballooned from nine to 14 and USF’s struggling offense had no chance of coming back.
Star of the game – Marcus Smart
Typical Marcus Smart. He’s relentless and talented in all areas, dominating each of the seven college games he’s played. Wednesday night, he about hit on all of his averages: 15 points, six rebounds, five assists, four steals and two blocks. Unbelievable college line for most, par for the Smart course.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients