Wes Lunt ‘disappointed’ Todd Monken leaving for Southern Miss, dad says
The Monken family is well-known in Illinois, the home state of Wes Lunt.
That’s a big reason why Todd Monken and Oklahoma State discovered the strong-armed quarterback, and lured him to Stillwater to run the Cowboys’ high-powered spread attack.
So with the news that Monken is leaving to become the next head coach at Southern Miss, what are Lunt’s emotions?
Our man Berry Tramel talked to his father, Andy.
“I don’t think he knows (what will happen with the next coordinator),” Andy said. “He was disappointed, of course. He liked and respected Coach Monken.”
Andy said Wes obviously would not make any decisions about his future until OSU brought in Monken’s replacement. And OSU coach Mike Gundy has stressed in the recent past that he’s committed to continuing to run the Air Raid, citing Zac Robinson’s health at the end of his Cowboy career as a reason why he doesn’t want to run an offense that requires the quarterback to take a beating while running the football.
If that’s the case, Wes is still the best for the system and probably still the frontrunner to start for the Cowboys in 2013.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients