Oklahoma State expects WR Michael Harrison back in 2013
Former Oklahoma State wide receiver Michael Harrison, who left the football program in the spring after he was suspended for the 2012 season by the NCAA, is expected to return to the team in 2013, a source told The Oklahoman Tuesday.
Harrison was regarded as one of the Cowboys’ best young receivers in 2011, recording 20 catches for for 255 yards and three touchdowns as a sophomore. He redshirted his first season in 2009, meaning 2013 would be his final season of eligibility. He has remained enrolled at OSU since leaving football.
Because Harrison has not been a member of the Cowboys since the spring, getting back in physical shape would likely be his biggest obstacle. But if he can return to his 2011 form, or better, he would add a major boost to what would then project to be a solid group of outside receivers for the Cowboys.
Tracy Moore, the Cowboys’ top returning target in 2012 before sustaining a season-ending ankle injury in October, is expected to receive a medical redshirt and return in 2013. Junior big-play threat Charlie Moore (31 catches, 500 yards, five touchdowns) and true freshman surprise Austin Hays (25 catches, 369 yards, three touchdowns) will also be back.
Additionally, true freshman C.J. Curry is expected to receive a medical redshirt after suffering a season-ending shoulder injury. Fellow true freshmen Brandon Sheperd and Jhajuan Seales (who redshirted this season) are also progressing. That would all allow Blake Webb, who has played three different receiver positions in his true freshman season, to move back to one of the inside receiver spots.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients