Gundy, Oklahoma State players share Christmas memories, traditions and wish lists
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy and several Cowboy players talked plenty about Purdue and the Heart of Dallas Bowl earlier this week.
But, of course, the topic of Christmas came up several times.
Here are some favorite memories, traditions and wish lists from the Cowboys:
Coach Mike Gundy
“I never really quit believing in that day (Santa Claus), and when I grew up and somebody finally convinced me of it, it was tough for me to take. When I was about 7 or 8, we had those prehistoric video games that were just coming out. There was one that was a baseball game … you had to time it up and hit it. If you were any good at all, you always did well. Boy, I was fired up when I got that, because when I would drive around in the back of the van when I was a kid going to my games and stuff, I’d sit in there and play that. And then obviously the parents were happy, because I didn’t talk.”
Cornerback Brodrick Brown
“When I was a real little kid, usually you wanted one of those power jeeps when they were in style. I ended up getting one. And I was like, ‘Man, I’m about to drive this all day, until the charge runs out. And that’s what I did. I was just out there running over stuff. I was only going like 3 m.p.h, but it was fun to me.”
Linebacker Caleb Lavey
“We always go eat Chinese food and see a movie on Christmas Eve. I’m sure we’ll stick to that plan. All the brothers and sisters will be home, so it’ll be a lot of fun.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients