Bethany's Ballew out for the season
By Zach West
Bethany running back/slot receiver Chris Ballew will miss the upcoming football season as a result of knee injuries he sustained in Friday’s scrimmage against Chandler. Late in the scrimmage, Ballew completely tore his ACL, and he partially tore his MCL, LCL, and both meniscuses in his left knee, according to MRI results he received Tuesday. The news comes as a potential blow to the Bronchos, who lose an all-purpose star who had 964 rushing yards and 434 receiving yards last year, to go with eight touchdowns.
The injury occurred when Ballew, who was out in a route, was hit unexpectedly following an interception. Despite having to miss his senior season, Ballew remained positive Tuesday afternoon, saying he will participate in all team functions for the rest of the year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients