Cashion starts season with a bang
By Jason Kersey
Cashion started this season off with a 45-0 win over Alex in under three full quarters.
Due to the “45 point rule,” the game ended about a quarter and a half early.
Cashion ran just 22 plays in the entire game, averaging 18 yards per play.
Heralded quarterback Cayden Cochran completed four-of-five passes for 88 yards and two touchdowns. Tailback Travis Seaton needed just five carries to gain 126 yards and two scores.
All in all, an outstanding start to the season for Lynn Shackelford’s squad. Next week, however, comes a huge test. The Wildcats go on the road to face Davenport and freak running back Billy Jack Murphy. Last season, Cashion won the regular season meeting handily but fell to Davenport in the playoffs.
More on that match-up to come this weekend when I get a chance to talk with Shackelford.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4093As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3907Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3578OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients