Crosstown Clash thoughts
By Jason Kersey
While I didn’t cover the annual Crosstown Clash between Norman and Norman North Thursday night at OU, I did attend the game as a spectator.
Norman North is absolutely loaded. Even without quarterback Tyler Tettleton, the Timberwolves look like they will be tough this season. Running back Beau Blankenship rushed for 137 yards, and it seemed like Norman just flat couldn’t stop him.
North replacement quarterback Jake Damrill threw three interceptions, which makes me think that had Tettleton played, this thing would have been even more lopsided than it wound up being.
Two of Damrill’s interceptions were just poor decisions, and both of those resulted in 10 Tiger points.
The first one was thrown deep in North territory and set Norman up for an easy touchdown drive, and the second was thrown into a well-covered area and Norman turned it into a field goal. The third was a Hail Mary at the end of the first half.
Blankenship was hurt during the game, and I still haven’t heard how serious the injury is. But it could be bad news for North if it is serious.
That said, even without Blankenship and Tettleton, I still think North is a playoff team. Some of Blankenship’s runs were the result of HUGE holes made by the North offensive line. And the Timberwolves’ defense looks tough.
Norman was just plan outmatched Thursday night. But I still believe with its district, it will be a playoff team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients