Alva scores big win over OCS
By Jason Kersey
Alva experienced a flash back to last year’s Week One win over Oklahoma Christian with this year’s.
The Goldbugs beat OCS, 19-9 last night in a game that was eerily similar to the affair last season.
Oklahoma Christian went into halftime with a 6-0 lead, and in 2006 the Saints led 3-0 at the break.
“It was a rough first half,” Alva coach Steve Gale said. “They ran quite a few more plays than we did. It was like déjà vu of a year ago. But we made our adjustments and our offense got rolling.”
Gale said Alva used its rushing attack to wear down the OCS defense. Sophomore running back Lewis Nighswonger had 80 yards on 21 carries, and Derek Lohmann had 66 yards on seven carries. Most of Lohmann’s yards came on a 43-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients