Surprises from Week 3
By Jason Kersey
1) The effect that Tucker Brown has on Shawnee’s team.
I knew Tucker was good, but he seems to have lifted the overall spirit of Shawnee. To get a win like it did over Rogers (Ark.) is impressive, and likely will erase any memory of Shawnee’s first-ever loss to Noble.
Although I’m of the opinion that Tucker shouldn’t have been allowed another year back, you can’t deny the kid’s talent.
2) Bridge Creek being 3-0.
At the beginning of the season, I certainly thought this was possible. And going into the Bobcats’ Week 3 game against Luther I thought it was possible. But five years ago? No way.
Bridge Creek is having a historic season by its standards. Coach Jerry Wallis has done an outstanding job at the little Grady County school. He has managed to change the mindset that the school is born to lose. This, to me, is like Bill Synder turning Kansas State into a winner. It just seemed that unlikely.
3) St. Mary beat Crescent. 31-15
I admit that this one surprised me a little less when I found out that Crescent star running back Shelby Hill didn’t play, but it’s still a little surprising nonetheless.
St. Mary has a heck of a quarterback in Vincent Ngo, who scored three touchdowns on the ground and rushed for over 150 yards in the win. Be sure to read Thursday’s Oklahoman for more information on Ngo.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients