How good is Cache?
By Jason Kersey
So just how good is 3-0 Cache?
We will certainly find out as district play opens this week and Cache travels to perennial power Kingfisher.
Cache finished 4-6 last season, missing the playoffs by two games. But under new head coach Matthew Seid, the Bulldogs have been impressive thus far.
For starters, Cache beat Anadarko in Week 1, and Anadarko went on to beat Chickasha in Week 3.
We’ll get a good idea if Cache is for real this Friday. Kingfisher is 1-2, but is always talented and tough, especially at home.
“Anytime you face a team that’s on a winning streak, they’re gonna have some confidence,” Kingfisher coach Jeff Myers said.
Myers is hoping that the Kingfisher atmosphere and tradition will get in Cache’s head.
“I’m gonna guess that’s in the back of their minds,” Myers said. “They’re going into a program that has had a lot of success, and they know that they’re gonna have to play one of their better ballgames. I think that probably does give us a little mental edge.”
District 3A-1 is stacked at the top. Clinton, Kingfisher and Tuttle are all a step above the rest. But that fourth playoff spot is definitely up for grabs. Newcastle got in last season, but only because of a close, last-second victory over Elgin. And the Racers lost 15 starters.
Kingfisher, meanwhile, has been off to a rough start. Losses to McGuinness and Chandler have left the Yellowjackets 1-2, and it doesn’t get any easier now that it is time for District 3A-1 play.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7581Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7449Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6635UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients