Rush Springs not perfect ... but not far away, either
By Zach West
Through four games this year, Class A’s No. 4-ranked Rush Springs has given up a total of one touchdown and outscored its opponents 119-7, notching three shutouts. While that may appear to be about as close to perfection as a team can get, head coach Barry Foster disagrees.
“We’re a good team, and we’re playing pretty well, but we’re not anywhere near where we want to be yet,” Foster said.
Oddly enough, the Redskins have struggled mightily at extra points, and have also had problems forcing turnovers, Foster said.
“It would be easier to count how many we’ve made,” Foster said when asked how many extra points his team has missed. “We’ve just been horrible at that.”
Even that problem appears to be close to fixed, however. After trying several guys as the extra-point kicker, Foster has settled on junior Jeremy Sweat, who hit three out of five attempts Friday night. The other weakness may be in the past, as well. Friday night, Rush Springs notched its first interception of the season, running a pick back for a touchdown.
So while he knows his senior-loaded team can get better, even Foster has to admit that his squad is on a roll.
“We knew we had a chance (to be good),” Foster said. “We take a lot of pride in our defense – we have for years – and we’re just playing pretty well.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients