Déjà vu for Broken Bow
By Robert Przybylo
Broken Bow has only netted 13 points in the last two weeks. But the Savages do have a victory, one that was all too familiar to them.
Five years ago, Broken Bow defeated Sallisaw 7-0. Last Friday, it was a repeat as Broken Bow outlasted them again 7-0.
“It really did just come down to us making one more play,” coach Greg Werner said.
The hits just keep coming as 3-1, 1-0 district foe Hilldale makes its way to Broken Bow Friday night.
Hilldale is coming off an impressive 42-10 victory over Poteau to start its district campaign.
Werner said he has no special plan to try to stop the high-powered Hilldale offense, saying when trying to adapt to other teams, that’s when the real trouble starts to happen.
Broken Bow will be without its starting nose guard, Colten Meddock. The 215-pound senior has an ankle injury.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients