From bad to worse in Claremore
By Ray Martin
Claremore started the season 2-0. They opened with an impressive win against cross-town rival Oologah. Things were looking up for the Zebras, who won only three games a year ago.
Three weeks later, things aren’t so great in Claremore.
In weeks three’s loss to Owasso, Zebra running back Timmy Butcher suffered a high ankle injury, and will remained sidelined until at least week six. Claremore coach Keith Bell said of the injury “He’s our workhorse and one of our senior leaders. We are losing a lot more than just him on the field.”
In the district opener against Tulsa Kelley, Claremore lost another senior leader. Quarterback Blake Grauer suffered a broken hand during the Zebra’s first possession, and Kelley cruised 24-0.
Grauer passed for over 1400 yards last season, and will be out at least 4-6 weeks.
Its bad news for the Zebras, who face Coweta on Friday. With their two most productive offensive weapons watching from the sidelines, the playoffs are becoming more and more of a stretch.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients