Who can beat the Chelsea Lady Dragons?
By Robert Przybylo
It’s not meant to be a rhetorical question, but the way the Lady Dragons have played this year, it very well might be.
Thirty-six games, 36 wins, 34 shutouts. It’s tough to beat that. Leading the charge has been senior pitcher Kasha Kolb.
When people put up monster stats, it’s been popular to say “those are video game numbers.”
I don’t know…even with video games, I don’t think some of these numbers could be duplicated.
So I ask, what is the most impressive? The eight perfect games? The 22 no-hitters? The 34 shutouts? The 533 K’s in 234 innings? Take your pick. Or wait, what about allowing no earned runs the entire year and only two unearned tallies all season?
With all the hoopla (deservedly so) about Kolb, coach Daryl Ping does not want to dismiss the contributions of some of the other Chelsea players.
A big move was a continuation move from last year. Halfway through last season, Ping moved leadoff hitter Chelsey Davis to the 5-spot.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients