Boyd declared ineligible, OSSAA to investigate further
By Zach West
NOTE: This blog has been updated at several points during the day.
Not only is Norman junior basketball player Terrence Boyd ineligible to play this season, but his amateur status is now under investigation as well, the state athletic association ruled Tuesday.
The Oklahoma Secondary Schools Athletic Association Board of Directors denied Boyd’s final hardship appeal during a Tuesday morning meeting. During that meeting – an executive session closed to the public – unexpected information came to light that raised a question about Boyd’s amateur status, OSSAA attorney Mark Grossman said. After hearing the information, the board directed OSSAA staff to further investigate Boyd’s amateur standing, OSSAA chairman Danny Rennels said.
“It wasn’t something that was anticipated. No question had been raised before,” Grossman said. “Everybody felt it needed further investigation. We want to get the facts before rumors start flying around.”
Boyd, a 6-5, 225-pound junior and three-star recruit on Rivals.com, needed a hardship waiver to play at
Norman this season because he established eligibility at Oak Hill Academy (Va.) in 2006.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients