The Brothers Flanders and more
By Matt Patterson
Took the short drive from HQ down to Midwest City today to talk with John and Tim Flanders for a story that will run Wednesday. It’s interesting that another tandem of brothers are making a name for themselves.
Cale and Mike Gundy starred at MWC in the 1980s. Ditto for the Dequasie brothers. Now, a new generation is helping the Bombers (6-0) re-claim their spot among the big dogs in Class 6A.
- I’m not a big fan of the two game suspension rule for football players ejected from games. McGuinness will be without its best offensive lineman as Gabe Moyer serves a two game suspension for being ejected in the Irish’s win over Weatherford Friday.
Regardless of who started it ( Moyer didn’t), he shouldn’t have fought back. Still, to lose two games during your senior year is excessive, especially considering Moyer hasn’t been a discipline problem before and what he did might not have earned an ejection with another officiating crew. Ejections are highly subjective and as an eye witness to what happened, both players should have been tossed, not just one.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients