Buffaloes bouncing back
By Robert Przybylo
Here we go again. Now I’ve been wrong about Shawnee numerous times this year, and I’ve been wrong about McAlester. So what happens when two teams get together that I’ve misjudged time and time again? Man, I have no idea…none.
The Wolves have been a different team since Tucker (yeah, no last name needed) has come back. McAlester seemed indestructible until a 44-13 beating at the hands of Bixby. Hmm, the Spartans also pasted Shawnee. Well, maybe not pasted, but the Spartans have defeated both so not much is gained comparing that one.
So who do you like, Tucker and Brett Davis or Justin Klusak and Herman Walters? It’s tough. Thursday games are won on Monday and Tuesday. It’s only one day of preparation being taken away, but that’s a big deal. There’s not much logic to it, just going on gut feeling.
The pick: McAlester 31, Shawnee 29.
Midwest City over Westmoore
Tuttle over Kingfisher
McAlester over Shawnee
Norman North over Putnam North
Grove over Miami
Metro Christian over Berryhill
Colcord over Seq.-Tahlequah
Tulsa Union over Broken Arrow
Pond Creek-Hunter over Laverne
Shattuck over Sharon-Mutual
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients