Let Showdown week commence...
By Robert Przybylo
As Ryan said in Monday’s paper, do the football gods know something? This week is absolutely loaded. Let’s take a look at a pivotal pairing that may determine District 4A-4: Stilwell at Broken Bow.
Stilwell comes in at 6-2, 4-1, with the two defeats coming to Hilldale and Siloam Springs, Ark. Broken Bow’s lone loss was to 8-0 Tulsa East Central. A clichéd response to any key is controlling the line of scrimmage. But it’s a going to be a pretty big indicator about who is going to win this game.
Stilwell has impressive back Matt Mitchell, who has run roughshod over everyone. Mitchell’s tallied 1,469 yards and 14 scores. Opposing him will be a vaunted Savage defense that has given up 24 points in five district games. Broken Bow is giving up just over 200 yards per game while Stilwell is garnering 345 yards per contest.
Broken Bow is no slouch when it comes to its rushing attack. Instead of one premier player like Mitchell, the Savages are employing a two-back system that equaled nearly as many yards.
Albert Wright and Mitchell Bailey have combined for 1,300 yards and 16 touchdowns. Quarterback Jody Shomo has only attempted 64 passes or in other words, eigh
I was impressed with the way Broken Bow bounced back after the emotional 7-0 win over Idabel. Coming off a great rivalry win can be tough, but the Savages took care of business in a 41-7 win over Poteau.
Coming Wednesday: A stat lover’s dream. A detailed analysis of everything anyone could want to know (statistically) about the upcoming Carl Albert/Guthrie Showdown Friday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients