Tonight's big games and big performances
By Ray Martin
Here are a few of tonight’s big games and big performances in boys basketball. Check out NewsOk for Ryan Aber, Brandon Chatmon and Justin Harper’s coverage of tonights games.
Senior guard Sam Norwood scored a game high 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Moore over Edmond Memorial, 59-49. Norwood shot 10 of 14 from the field (71 percent) and was 6 of 7 from the free throw line. He also finished with three assists. Junior guard John Clark added 17 points and seven assists. Clark connected on 4 of 7 3-pointers.
Top ranked Putnam City held Yukon under 10 points in all four quarters in an 89-23 rout of the Millers. Putnam City had five players score in double figures, paced by junior Garen Wright’s game high 19. Xavier Henry finished with 17.
Nine third quarter points from senior guard Dennon Mitchell helped No. 5 Putnam North take care of Edmond North, 56-36. Mitchell hit three consecutive 3-pointers in the third quarter to extend the lead to 20 and keep Edmond North at bay. Mitchell finished with a game high 17.
US Grant guard Robert Pruitt surpassed the 30-point margin for the fifth time this season in US Grant’s 73-62 loss to Northwest Classen. Pruitt scored a game high 32 after scoring only two in the first quarter. Northwest Classen had five players score in double figures.
Class 6A No. 4 Edmond Santa Fe bounced back from Fridays loss at Putnam City with a 48-42 win over PC West despite being outscored 27-11 in the second half. Senior Nic Combs scored 18 points
Junior James Biscone recorded a game high 20 points, three assists and two steals to lead St. Mary’s over Luther 64-48.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients