Clarke joins the elite
By Ray Martin
Verdigris guard Rotnei Clarke joined the elite tonight. Clarke surpassed the 3,000-point mark for his career with a 38 point performance in Verdigris’ 78-46 rout of Oklahoma Centennial.
Clarke reached 3,000 when he converted a three-point play early in the third quarter. The game was put on hold as Clarke received the game ball, and an ovation from the crowd.
Clarke is now the fourth Oklahoman in the 3,000-point club. Victory Christian guard Kelenna Azubuike (3,530), Maud’s Ty Harman (3,639) and Grandfield’s Kenneth Johnson (3,191) are the only others to accomplish the feat.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients