By Justin Harper
Millwood is on fire.
Not the school, the girls basketball team. Few squads in the state are on as hot of a roll as Millwood. The Falcons are 12-0 and coming off a title-winning showing at the SNU/Bethany Classic in which it beat two Class 4A teams that were ranked in the top four in the Oklahoman’s rankings and previously undefeated. Both by double digits, too. Millwood is in Class 3A.
Because they play in the top-to-bottom toughest class, the Falcons are ranked third this week. Three-time defending champion Sequoyah-Tahlequah is No. 1 and defending Class 2A champion Washington is at No. 2. Nonetheless, Millwood is proving that it could very well challenge for the state crown behind seniors Brittany Demery and Ronita Coleman.
Here are my current Class 3A rankings:
1. Seqouyah-Tahlequah (1) 10-2
2. Washington (2) 7-2
3. Millwood (4) 12-0
4. Kansas (7) 10-1
5. Verdigris (NR) 8-7
6. Adair (NR) 9-4
7. Kingfisher (5) 7-2
8. Bethel (3) 8-2
The class is absolutely loaded top to bottom. Area tournaments are going to have state-tourney atmoshpere because of the multitude of strong teams.
Class 4A is looking really strong, too, thanks to some surprises. Check back for more on that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients