Great action so far at Jenks
Today is definitely the most quality basketball we’ve seen all week and that’s taking nothing away from any of the other venues.
Tulsa East Central just wrapped up a 56-55 win over Edmond Santa Fe in the first boys semifinal, with Ken Holdman hitting a put-back with 3.7 seconds left and then blocking Nic Combs shot to secure the win. Holdman scored 9 in the fourth quarter and finished with a game-high 27. Combs led Santa Fe with 21.
Holdman has become accustomed to big finishes. He also hit a game-winner against Broken Arrow earlier in the week.
East Central will play the winner of the Jenks-Tulsa Washington game later tonight. Either way, it’d be an interesting matchup. Tulsa Washington handed East Central its first loss of the season and Jenks has been a thorn in East Central’s side as well.
On the girls side, Midwest City cruised to a 49-32 win over Stillwater in the first girls semifinal. The Lady Bombers did it with a very balanced attack that sxtarts with very solid defense. Midwest City made a habit of taking advantage of Stillwater’s turnovers to stay undefeated. Midwest City plays the winner of the Jenks-Kickapoo (Mo.) game that’s going on right now. Jenks leads that game 20-12 in the second quarter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients