Day 2 at the Titan Classic
By Robert Przybylo
Hey, apologize for being so late on this. After another great day of basketball, headed back to the office to find out something peculiar. Southeast defeated Dallas God’s Academy, 91-66, by forfeit in the fourth quarter.
Seemed a little strange, so talked with SE coach Walter Brewer. Apparently, they are God’s Academy in name only and had more than 10 technicals in the first two games of the Norman Invitational. The officials kicked the WHOLE TEAM out.
Now to the Titan Classic. It was an electric atmosphere for Midwest City and Carl Albert. Two defending state champions playing the first time in more than a decade.
Everyone brought up their game just a little bit. Or if they didn’t, it was only because they were trying too hard.
My favorite part? The dueling crowds. Toward the end, MWC’s contingent started chanting “This is 6A” and “Just like Bixby,” which I admit I thought was clever. Bixby, of course, defeated the Titans in the second round of last year’s football playoffs.
CA responding with “Just like Union” but when MWC came back with “Just like Guthrie,” it was over because Midwest City didn’t lose another game last year.
Chuck Sanders couldn’t get himself going but it didn’t matter as Jarrod McDaniel and James Davis carried the load in a 59-49 win.
Even MWC coach Rodney Dindy couldn’t believe how well his team shot the ball. They were lights out from downtown. In the third quarter, the Bombers drained six 3-pointers and at one time, four consecutive.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3509Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3313Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3242Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients