Success plagues Newcastle
By Ray Martin
Winning tournaments hasn’t exactly boosted Newcastle’s confidence this season. In fact, finishing second in a both of the tournaments the Racers have won (Bethel and Newcastle) may have given Newcastle two more conference wins.
Instead, the Racers have lost overtime games after winning the Bethel and Newcastle tourney’s. They lost at Tuttle following the Bethel win, and lost 46-45 to Purcell last night.
Newcastle coach Wes Pulliam said his team is still learning to play with success.
“You have to come off of an exciting three games and it is hard to keep your focus,” he said.
I hope, for Newcastle’s sake, that problem is fixed when the playoffs roll around. If the Racers can’t handle winning meaningless regular season tournaments, how will it play after winning a district or regional championship?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients