Bassett to "bloody noses" at OSU
By Ray Martin
I was in Tuttle this morning, watching Cooper Bassett, a 6-foot-5, 235 pound tight end, sign with Oklahoma State.
The first thing Bassett told me was that he is the player who will “bloody noses” at practice next fall in Stillwater.
I believe him.
After seeing Bassett for the first time, I am convinced that OSU is getting a steal. He is shaped like a greek god, and from what I hear, he plays football like one too.
Tuttle didn’t throw much last season, so Bassett’s receiving numbers are nothing extravagant. On defense, though, he racked up 10 sacks at defensive end. He spent his time on offense throwing monster blocks, which opened up Tuttle’s running game.
Bassett was a four year starter for the Tigers, leading them to a state title in ’05, and a semi-finals appearance in ’07.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7050Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6632Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6243Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients