The transfer that saved Norman
By Ray Martin
I’m sure when Norman girls high school basketball coach Matilda Mossman walked off the court tonight after Norman defeated Del City 60-50 to advance to the 6A state tournament, she thought something like “thank goodness for that transfer”.
The transfer of the Ramon sisters, who came to Norman from Mustang before the beginning of the season, has saved Norman’s season.
Lacy Ramon, the older of the two, scorched Del City for 25 points, 14 in the second half to make Norman the hottest 6A team entering the state tourney. She scored 23 in the regional final a week earlier.
Ramon has already won a state title in her sophomore year at Mustang, and went to the finals as a junior. Perhaps more important than her numbers is that experience and leadership.
If not for those Ramons, I say 6A No. 5 Norman wouldn’t have made it to that game, much less beat the No. 4 team by 10.
So, coach Mossman, I’ll say it for you. Thank goodness for that transfer.
Check out stats and highlights from that game and others at NewsOK.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients